The University of Utah Events Calendar is managed by the University Marketing and
Communications Office. Please contact the calendar administrator regarding any questions about the calendar policies.
In order to add events to the University of Utah Events Calendar , the following criteria
must be met:
- Events must be sponsored by an officially recognized campus department or unit; a recognized, registered or sponsored student group; student government; or a sponsored departmental or campus organization.
- The person posting new events, or changing information about events already posted, must be a member of an authorized University group and uNID Authentication will be required in order to submit events. If you have forgotten, or need help with your uNID or password you can contact the Help Desk at 581-4000 or visit http://www.netcom.utah.edu/computer/unid.html .
- The event must be scheduled in an authorized University facility in accordance with University policies and established procedures.
- Classes are not considered events and as such will not be listed on the online calendar.
- The Web calendar is covered by the guidelines established in the University of Utah's Information Resources Policy (PPM 1-15) and World Wide Web Resources Policy (PPM 1-16).
- The calendar administrator, as directed by the assistant vice president of University Marketing and Communications, reserves the right to delete and/or edit event listings if they do not meet the above mentioned criteria, do not qualify as a legitimate University event, violate local, state or federal law, or are in conflict with University of Utah Policies and Procedures.
- When using the form to submit an event, an e-mail will be sent to the calendar administrator alerting him or her of the event submission. These events are not published to the calendar until they are approved by the calendar administrator. Events will usually be posted to the calendar within two working days of submission. The calendar administrator reviews new published events each weekday morning and periodically throughout the day.
- No copyrighted images may be submitted for an event unless you have authorized permission to use the image.
- Featured Events will be selected by the calendar administrator from events submitted in a timely manner. Events will be chosen to be highlighted based on the degree of mass appeal to all calendar audiences, and where possible will reflect an equal emphasis and representation among all calendar categories (i.e. athletics, lectures, arts, celebrations, etc.). Events chosen to be highlighted must contain a graphic with their submission.
- After an initial trial period of the new calendar, remote administration and approval will be available for individual departments to receive on a case-by-case basis. Departments will be required to abide by the same set of policies and procedures as other submitters, and violations of policies and procedures may result in removal of remote administration rights.
SUBMIT AN EVENT
University faculty, staff, and students may submit University sponsored events to the calendar. University Marketing and Communications approves all events within 2 working days of submission prior to posting to the calendar.